November 17, 2005

The new design

Well I've ironed out the new design, and I'm pretty happy with it right now. I still have some minor changes to make, but all in all the new design is pretty sharp. If you visit, please comment on if you think the site looks good, bad, or even mediocre. Good feedback will help me to design a better site next time I upgrade.

The new site is designed to work with computers running a resolution of at least 1024x768. I apologize if you run something smaller, but less than 5% of the page loads are done in 800x600, and I decided I would rather have a better looking site for the other 95%. I've also managed to clean this version up a little bit, so it looks better with IE. My old template had some display issues with IE, but this one should be pretty clean. As always though, I advocate switching to Mozilla Firefox. There's no reason not to, and plenty of good reasons to make the switch.

For the record, all the work was done in the Lanark Computer Lab at Carleton University. The computers here happen to be better then what I have available, so I took advantage of the situation.

I happened to listened to a lot of Matthew Good during the night while I upgraded the site. I have all his music now on one CD, which is much easier to carry around. If you are fan of his, I suggest checking out Coming Out In Purple which is pretty interesting song. And well it's also downright odd. In fact, I just decided that everyone should check it out. I encourage one and all to listen if they get the chance.

Well, I'm off for now, I'll see what the day brings. It's generally pretty exciting, so I'm sure it'll be interesting.