February 20, 2005

Off To The Game

Went off to the Ottawa 67's game today. And they beat Owen Sound. I guess me and Aaron are good luck. The hockey game was a blast to watch. It was really great to watch hockey again, this entire silly lockout situation has been driving me nuts! At least they finally cancelled the season. Now that step one has been taken, hopefully they can get a new CBA worked out, and the NHL can recommence next year. I sincerely hope they can work something out, something that is fair to both the players and the fans. Frankly I could care less about the owners, I understand that they want to make money, but in all reality it's the fans who are hurt the most. The new CBA must address the issue of ticket prices, not directly, but through changes to what players are paid. If your average family cannot afford to attend a game or two, then we lose a part of our Nationality. Hockey is, I believe, tied into our sense of what being Canadian is, and we Must Not Lose That.

On a closing note, GO DOGS GO! (Hamilton Bulldogs, Montreal Canadiens farm team)


This is Tom, and he was kind enough to give me and Aaron tickets to the game.